All the factsheets listed are available free of charge (a donation to help administration costs is always appreciated) from the Society, and many can be downloaded here.
Mainly for members
- Society brochure – available from the administration office
- Overview of Behçet’s disease
- Behçet’s Patient Guide
- Behçet’s Scientific Guide
- Behçet’s guide for Treatment
- Behçet’s guide for Eyes
- Behçet’s guide for Neurology
- Behçet’s guide for the Skin
- Behçet’s guide for Blood vessels
- Behçet’s guide for Intestines
- Behçet’s guide for the Heart
- Behçet’s guide for the Kidneys
- Behçets guide for Pregnancy
- Behçet’s guide for Children
- Behçet’s guide for Oral ulcers
For health professionals
- Diagnostic guidelines (under review – update to come)
For benefits applications
All these factsheets are available free of charge from the Society. The Arthritis Research Campaign (arc) leaflet is also available at www.arc.org.uk.
- What is Behcet’s disease? Behcet’s syndrome (now known as Behcet’s disease) is a chronic condition resulting from disturbances in the body’s immune system.
- How is Behcet’s disease diagnosed? There is no test for Behcet’s disease at the moment. It is diagnosed by specific patterns of symptoms and repeated outbreaks of them.
- Similar disorders There are several disorders that have patterns of symptoms that overlap with those of Behcet’s disease. In the absence of a test to confirm Behcet’s, this can make diagnosis quite difficult.
- Medical review article
- Headache in Behcet’s disease Headache is one of the most continual and troublesome symptoms in Behcet’s disease. Some patients are lucky and hardly ever get headaches; others have daily chronic severe throbbing headaches that are very disabling.