All the factsheets listed are available free of charge (a donation to help administration costs is always appreciated) from the Society, all of which can be downloaded here.
Use for Members, Clinicians and NHS Staff
- 1. Overview of Behçet’s 2018
- 2. Behçet’s Syndrome: A Patient’s Guide by Patients 2016
- 3. Factsheet Scientific Info on Behçets 2016
- 4. Treatment of Behçet’s 2018
- 5. The Eyes and Behçet’s 2018
- 6. The Brain and Behçet’s 2018
- 7. Behçet’s Disease and the Skin 2016
- 8. Blood Vessels and Behçet’s 2018
- 9. Intestinal Complications of Behçet’s Disease 2016
- 10. Behçet’s Disease and the Heart 2016
- 11. Behçet’s Disease and the Kidneys 2016
- 12. Pregnancy and Behçet’s 2018
- 13. Behçet’s in Children 2018
- 14. Behçet’s Disease and Mouth Ulcers 2016
- 15. Headache in Behçet’s 2018
- 16. Neuro-Behçet’s Disease 2018
- 17. Arthritis and Pain in Behçet’s 2018
- 18. Menopause and Behçet’s 2018
For Health Professionals
- Diagnostic Guidelines (under review – update to come)
For Benefits Applications
All these factsheets are available free of charge from the Society. The Arthritis Research Campaign (arc) leaflet is also available at www.arc.org.uk.
- What is Behçet’s? Behçet’s Syndrome (now more commonly referred to as Behçet’s Disease) is a chronic condition resulting from disturbances in the body’s immune system.
- How is Behçet’s diagnosed? There is no test for Behçet’s at the moment. It is diagnosed by specific patterns of symptoms and repeated outbreaks of them.
- Similar Disorders There are several disorders that have patterns of symptoms that overlap with those of Behçet’s. In the absence of a test to confirm Behçet’s, this can make diagnosis quite difficult.
- Medical Review Article
- Headache in Behçet’s Headache is one of the most continual and troublesome symptoms in Behçet’s. Some patients are lucky and hardly ever get headaches; others have daily chronic severe throbbing headaches that are very disabling. See factsheet no. 15 for further information about headache in Behçet’s.